PENETRON PLUS® is a unique integral crystalline chemical treatment for the waterproofing and protection of concrete. PENETRON PLUS® has been specially formulated for dry-shake applications on horizontal concrete surfaces where greater impact and abrasion resistance is required.
Packaged in the form of a dry powder compound, PENETRON PLUS® consists of Portland cement, various active proprietary chemicals, and a synthetic aggregate hardener that has been crushed and graded to particle sizes suitable for concrete floors. PENETRON PLUS® becomes an integral part of the concrete surface thereby eliminating problems normally associated with coatings (e.g. scaling, dusting, flaking, and delamination). The active chemicals react with the moisture in the fresh concrete causing a catalytic reaction, which generates a non-soluble crystalline formation within the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete.
Out of stock
- Becomes an integral part of the concrete, forming a complete body of strength and durability. Penetron should not be confused with a coating or a membrane.
- Penetrates deeply and seals concrete’s capillary tracts and shrinkage cracks.
- Can be applied to either the positive or the negative side.
- Waterproofing and chemical resistance properties remain intact even if the surface is damaged.
- Completely effective against high hydrostatic head pressure.
- More effective overall and less costly than hydrolytic membrane or clay panel systems.
- Easy to apply and labour cost effective.
- Increases concrete’s comprehensive strength.
- Cannot come apart at the seams, tear or puncture.
- Does not require protection during backfilling, placements of steel or wire mesh, or other common procedures.
- Seals cracks of up to 0.4mm. Does not merely mask or bridge hairline and shrinkage cracks.
- Permits concrete to breathe, eliminating water vapour build up and leaving the concrete completely dry.
- Resists chemical attack (PH 3-11 constant contact; PH 2-12 periodic contact) and provides a wide range of protection from freeze/thaw cycles, aggressive subsoil waters, seawater, carbonates, chlorides, sulphates and nitrates.
- Can be applied to moist or green concrete.
- Protects reinforcing steel.
- Approved for potable water use.
- No extensive curing times (except in very hot or low-humidity conditions).