Penebar SW-55 controlled type A is a hydrophillic waterstop that will expand in a controlled fashion when exposed to water. It is a sophisticated water-sealing product that encapsulates hydrophilic materials into a rubber base to create a built in delay system.
What is controlled expansion?
Controlled expansion allows Penebar SW-55 controlled type A to avoid some of the problems that have been associated with traditional water-stops on many building sites:
- It does not expand prematurely and does not absorb any water from fresh concrete poured against it.
- It will not expand to a point where the hydration process causes it to disintegrate and hence will not be washed away when subjected to a constant water flow.
- It will not cause excessive internal pressure in the concrete.
- Size: 24W x 19H (mm) – 6 x 5m rolls (30m total)
Penebar SW-55 can be applied to no-moving, cold joints on all concrete building projects that need protection from moisture ingress, including:
- Underground structures.
- Precast panels.
- New concrete onto old concrete.
- Retaining walls.
- Storage tanks.
- Concrete pipes.
- Car parks, etc.