PENETRON ADMIX SB
PENETRON ADMIX® SB (Soluble Bag integral crystalline waterproofing admix) is added to the concrete mix at the time of batching.
PENETRON ADMIX® SB (Soluble Bag integral crystalline waterproofing admix) is added to the concrete mix at the time of batching. PENETRON ADMIX® SB consists of Portland cement, very fine treated silica sand and various active, proprietary chemicals. These active chemicals react with the moisture in fresh concrete and with the by-products of cement hydration to cause a catalytic reaction, which generates a non-soluble crystalline formation throughout the pores and capillary tracts of the concrete.
Thus the concrete becomes permanently sealed against the penetration of water or liquids from any direction. The concrete is also protected from deterioration due to harsh environmental conditions.
PENETRON ADMIX® SB has been specially formulated to meet varying project and temperature conditions (see SETTING TIME AND STRENGTH).
Consult with a PENETRON Technical Representative for additional detailed support on your project.
- Sewage and water treatment plants
- Subway and other tunnel systems
- Underground vaults
- Swimming pools
- Pre-cast components
- Resists extreme hydrostatic pressure from either positive or negative surfaces.
- Becomes an integral part of the substrate.
- Highly resistant to aggressive chemicals.
- Can seal hairline cracks of up to 0.4mm.
- Allows concrete to breathe.
- Less costly to apply than most other methods.
- Added to the concrete at time of batching and therefore not subject to climatic restraints.
- Increases flexibility in construction scheduling.
Note: The Penetron Admix has been specially formulated to meet varying project and temperature conditions (See Setting Time and Strength). Consult a Penetron Technical Representative for the most appropriate Penetron Admix for your project.
Penetron Admix has been tested against many standards, including:
- Compressive Strength ASTM C-39
- Microscopic Examinations ASTM C-457
- Chloride Content AASHTOT260
- Chemical Analysis (Infrared Spectroscopy Perkin Elmer Method 990-9647)
- Water Permeability – Handbook of Concrete Engineering
- Chemical Resistance ASTM C267-77
- Bond Strength of Chemical Resistant Mortar ASTM C-321
- Permeability U.S. Army Corps of Engineers CRD-C-48-73
- Freeze/Thaw and De-Icing Chemical Resistance ASTM C-672-76
- Radiation Resistance U.S.A. Standard
- Radiation Resistance Russian Republic
Setting Time and Strength:
The setting time of concrete is affected by the chemical and physical composition of ingredients, temperature of the concrete and climatic conditions.
Retardation of set may occur when using Penetron Admix. The amount of retardation will depend upon the concrete mix design and the dosage rate of the Admix. However, under normal conditions the Admix will provide a normal set concrete. Concrete containing Penetron Admix may develop higher ultimate strength than plain concrete. Trail mixes should be carried out under project conditions to determine setting time and strength of the concrete.
When incorporating Penetron Admix, the temperature of the concrete mix should be above 40°F (4°C).
For more instructions, alternative application methods, or information concerning the compatibility of the Penetron treatment with other products or technologies, contact the Technical Department of ICS/Penetron International Ltd. or your local Penetron representative.
Penetron Admix is dosed at 0.8% by weight of all cementitious weight content in the design mix.
Note: Under certain conditions the dosage rate may be between 2-3% depending on the quantity and type of total cementitious materials.
Consult with Penetron’s Technical Department for assistance in determining the appropriate dosage rate and for further information on enhanced chemical resistance, optimum concrete performance, or meeting the specific requirements and conditions of your project.
- Ready Mix Plant – Dry Batch Operation: Add Penetron Admix in powder form to the drum of the ready-mix truck. Drive the truck under the batch plant and add 60-70% of the required water along with 300-500 lbs (136-227kg) of aggregate. Mix the materials for 2-3 minutes to ensure the Admix is distributed evenly throughout the mix water. Add the balance of materials to the ready-mix truck in accordance with standard batch practices.
- Ready Mix Plant – Central Mix Operation: Mix Penetron Admix with water to form very thin slurry (e.g. 40lbs/18kg of powder mixed with six gallons/22.7 litres of water). Pour the required amount of material into the drum of the ready-mix truck. The aggregate, cement and water should be batched and mixed in the plant in accordance with standard practices (taking into account the quantity of water that has already been placed in the ready-mix truck). Pour the concrete into the truck and mix for at least 5 minutes to ensure even distribution of the Penetron Admix throughout the concrete.
- Precast Batch Plant: Add Penetron Admix to the rock and sand, then mix thorough for 2-3 minutes before adding the cement and water. The total concrete mass should be blended using standard practices.
Note: It is important to obtain a homogeneous mixture of Penetron Admix with the concrete. Therefore, do not add dry Admix powder directly to the concrete as this may cause clumping and hinder thorough dispersion.
Penetron Australia are the suppliers of the worlds leading concrete waterproofing and durability systems designed to protect your concrete assets against aggressive conditions. Now YOU can have access to the worlds leading concrete waterproofing and durability systems available on the market!
CONTACT US DIRECTLY
HEAD OFFICE ADDRESS
PO Box 354 Moorebank NSW 1875