These crystalline complexes grow in the presence of water; block the capillaries of the concrete and minor shrinkage cracks, thus waterproofing it.
PENECRETE MORTAR™ consists of Portland cement, specially treated quartz sand and a compound of active chemicals. The active chemicals react with moisture and the byproducts of cement hydration to cause a catalytic reaction, which generates an insoluble integral crystalline complex. These crystalline complexes grow in the presence of water; block the capillaries of the concrete and minor shrinkage cracks, thus waterproofing it.
Chemical activation begins when the powder is mixed with water and may take several days to completely block the capillaries depending on ambient temperature and environmental conditions.
Used in conjunction with Penetron for:
- Installation of seal strips, reglets and covers at joints to assure water tightness.
- Patching of tie holes and faulty construction joints.
- Filling of routed out cracks.
- Waterproof sacking of concrete “bugholes”.
- Repairing of spalled and honeycombed areas.
- Can be skim coated or feather edged.
- Can be applied to moist concrete.
- Fast setting.
- Inorganic – no polymers.
- Resists abrasion and mechanical wear.
- Freeze/thaw resistant.
- Certified for use in contact with potable water.
- Can be applied by hand painting, trowel or brush.
Note: All data values are average values obtained under laboratory conditions. Impractical use, temperature, humidity and absorbance of the substrate may influence given values.